Monday, January 17, 2011

Go Away Virus, I have a Life to Live

I don't get sick very often. I have aches and pains that drive me crazy but getting ill.. nah, hardly ever.

11:30pm: Gabe calls to discuss a matter forgetting I was in bed. Time change doesn't seem to always register with any of us.

11:45pm: Great. I feel it comin' on. Toss and turn, toss and turn, hold the belly as it writhes in pain. Yep. I got it.

12:00am: Grab my pillow and announce to my sweet sleeping husband I'm sick and going downstairs to the couch. No reason to keep him up all night.

I grab soft blankies, the type you want to feel next to your skin, and soft sheets, make up the couch bed for myself, hug my pillow and wait. Didn't have to wait long.

Thoughts during the night: "Oh poor Lina. She had this and had to travel 12 hours in a car. Oh goodness, we won't be having dinner with Rob and Jo now. Ugh. I gotta cancel my work meeting. Dang, does every joint in my body have to ache all at once. Wow.. Cathi dealt with this for how many months from treatment? God bless her. Oh! Maybe I'll lose the Christmas weight I gained."

Yes, all these thoughts while trying to sleep or see my way to the bathroom. Who knew so many thoughts could run through one's mind while hugging the toilet bowl?

Tomorrow proves to be another day. Go away virus, I have a life to live.

No comments: