Thursday, November 29, 2007

A time of Thanksgiving...and coughing.

So... This cold I have is dragggging me down. I sneeze, blow my nose, cough and have almost no voice. fa la la la la..la la la la. Unfortunately, I don't get rid of them very fast. la la la laaaaaa.

Enough about that! Moving on....

I missed Thanksgiving this year in the traditional sense. We were on the ship for Thanksgiving and there were signs up and a "Thanksgiving Dinner" served but it felt more like well, vacation. I do say it was mighty neat to have so much family around! There were 28 of us in the ship between family and friends.

There is so much to be thankful for. We live in the land of the free and home of the brave. God has blessed us with a beautiful nation. So much opportunity. So many privileges. Let's pray we always will. I personally am so thankful for my life. Remember awhile back when God told me I complained to much and gave me an assignment of being thankful. I'm still living that assignment. Even with this nasty cough, I'm thankful...I'm not in the hospital or dying from some dreadful disease. God is good to me. Through this move and transition in life, I'm thankful. We made it. The kids are happy. We are moving in the forward direction. Will there be challenges? You bet. Are some days gonna drag by? Yes. Can I anticipate tough decisions? absolutely. Don't we always have challenges and tough times? That's how we grow up in Christ and become who God intended us to become. Still, I'm thankful. I know how the story ends.....

Reality Check:

What are you...whiner, complainer? I am sometimes. That's okay as long as you don't camp there. Roll up your sleeping bag and get those hiking boots on. Take a walk into a new place. Ask the Lord for a heart of Thanksgiving. One full of Joy!

"For the JOY of the Lord is my strength!"

Thanks for listening,
Tuna Jones

No comments: