Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What's up?

Today I am digging in again with school. It's in broken pieces through out the day but we are pressing in. I have been reminded lately that "I can do all things, including home schooling, through Christ who strengthens me." It's easy to get discouraged when you're busy with life. It is also VERY easy to look to the public institutions for help instead of the Lord. I will say Colorado is partnering with HSers in a way that I am personally comfortable with choosing next year. Lina is begging to go to school so that will be in prayer this year too. We are also looking at classes at New Life for the kids to take. Options are good!

I went down to Monument with Gabe on Monday to get him enrolled in District 38. The school districts here are by number not name. He started yesterday. He has a full schedule of classes: Spanish 4, Physics, English 3, Stone Sculpture, Us History B, and Psychology. The CS area has what we know as ROP in CA. It is VOP or something close to it. He is still hoping to do a year of Fire Science classes off campus next year. It looks promising. He is staying with Robby and Joanna which is close to the school. The unfortunate part of school is the lack of parking. We took a truck down for him but he is not able to drive to school because he doesn't have a parking space. So... Gabe and the BIG Yellow Bus will become well acquainted. His auntie and uncle have offered to drive him at times so that's good too. Thank you Robby and Joanna!

The housing process is "moving" right along. So many little details to take care of. T is doing a lot of coordinating and I am do my part with other details of the move. I struggle with details. I'm trying, really I am. We have to pick doctors, dentists, eye doctors, ortho, phone company, trash company, ...AGHHHH!!! It took long enough to find a home. It'll be good to be settled.

Pray for us as we continue this Adventure! God has so much more in store for us than we even see so far. We are excited about His handy work and believe He is leading us every step. It's good.

Oh, my cough is sooo much better. I only get going in real cold, windy nights or if the house has a chill in it.

May the Lord bless and keep each of you this day.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

We can't wait for you guys to be close by! We are so excited!