Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vitamin D ..Say What?




Terrell got his labs back from the doctor. PSA..good. Cholesterol..a little high. Vitamin D...low. What?? Since when do we test for Vitamin D and since when is it ever low? We live in a state that claims 300 plus days of sun. Oh that's true enough but... they (who is they anyhow???) don't say how many of those days you're inside LOOKING at the sun cause it's just too darn cold to wander out. Oh don't get me wrong.. Colorado is an amazing state but the need for intense warmth is prevailing on this cold February day. Two of my girlies were brave, grabbed a blanket, a book and ran to the warm front porch. That is if 33 degrees is warm.
Can I please go somewhere warm??

4 comments:

Joanna said...

can you please take me with you?

Kim S. said...

My Vitamin D level is low too. I thought it was a little odd, but nevertheless, I was put on supplements. I've tried to drink more Vitamin D fortified milk and orange juice too. Not sure if it's helping or not.

Reg said...

Great post, Sis! Come see meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! It will be warmer after this week of rain has passed. I guess we will have sun too...

Maria said...

CA is going through a chilly/wet spell right now, too, Tina. We feel your pain.