Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I neEd a bReaK

So the time has come.... my body is screaming at me.. YOU ARE ON OVERLOAD!!!! WHY DON"T YOU TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

So I.am.listening. With age comes wisdom (hopefully!) and the ability to know when to slow down.

I dropped my class this next 8 weeks to give me some me time. I'll start back up with a bang in July but for now, I want to drink ice tea on my swing, plant flowers in my pots, paint the walls without knowing I should be studying, enjoy my son's graduation, realllly enjoy our three week vacation coming up and listen intently on purpose to the quiet voice of Jesus.

I hope if you get anything from this little post it's this: Listen to your soul when God speaks. I know it's hard but being quiet is sometimes where it's at.

He wasn't in the fire
He wasn't in the quake
He wasn't in the wind
He's in a whisper

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so less stressed now that I know you will be doing the same as me. Drinking tea & planting flowers. GOOD FOR YOU for listening to HIM! HUGS!

Sis said...

Good idea! Enjoy it all! :)