Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer Lovin'... having a Blast!

Let the fun begin and begin it did. We love to camp and share our time with family and friends. This summer adventure was filled with both. End of May means "It's time to camp!". We headed up the mountain to Mueller State Park, just outside of Woodland Park. So far all our trips here have been in the fall to see the Aspens changing color. I decided to kick our season off here to enjoy some "warmer" weather. Bahahah! Our summer is a wee bit late this year and the Aspens barely had leaves, if they had leaves. But... this place is still spectacular no matter what the weather.
 
 
This just made me laugh. Welcome to the 21st century of camping. It was COLD Friday night and we only had enough wood for Saturday night. So what did we do? We kicked up the heater and enjoyed the technology of today, thank you very much. Seinfeld for me and Mr. Jones, Red Box for Becca, and games for Lina and Joanna.
 
Moving on.....
 
 A big part of Saturday was a hike that just about did me in last year, The Crags. Oh if you could have heard me carry on last year, all the while my sweet husband just smiled. This year, I was DEtermined to make it to the top, all 10,700 feet,  for the view I only saw a photo of last year.
 




There was still snow in places and the stream just starting to move. So peaceful.


This is one of my THREE pictures I was allowed for the day with my man. I do so wish he loved my camera as much as I do. :)


And this one, this one can just keep trucking. She has a spirit of determination and has strength to go right along with it. You go girl!


These two sweet friends, Mason and Laura,  joined us for the day. We chatted, laughed, climbed, chatted some more and then when the going got tough, we shut up just to catch our breath.



I think this is one of my favorite pictures of the day. The sky so blue, the snow not yet melted, the rock leaning just so.



And this one being  a close second. Look at the view and the contrast of death and life. Enough said.


The three amigos!
 


I made it! I am woman hear me roar.  So, so, so, sooooo excited to see this from 10,700 feet! All of Colorado's beauty in a 360 degree circle.





Becca brings her great sense of humor even to the heights of the sky. I love this girl.




 I told you the Aspens had barely budded. June 1st, 50 something degrees and no leaves. How odd is that?


This just about sums it up. Hard work comes with great rewards. My sweet baby had herself one yummilicious s'more! Camping is a great thing; fresh air, delicious food, and sweet fellowship. Gotta love summer!

No comments: