Wednesday, November 15, 2023

One step, then another

 


Healing. Being whole. Fighting. Winning the battle. 

Lots of words thrown around in the cancer realm. 

I pause every time I talk about my cancer to someone. I think- What the heck do I say?!  “I had cancer.” or “I have cancer.” It’s out of my body so it’s had but the journey isn’t over so I just stumble over my words. I don’t know. Eventually this conversation will be easier. I actually even forget at times about it. I feel really good. All these veggies I’m eating 😂, other big lifestyle changes and getting the cancer out of my body has given me new strength. I’m depending on this and Jesus to get me through radiation next month. That seems like someone else’s life too right now, not mine.  Even typing it- craziness. The idea of going 5 days a week to be zapped sounds like a movie, not my reality.

 Let me just say, God is so gracious. I am drawn in by His goodness to me. He is my strength! He is my sustenance. Amen and amen. I’m so thankful for this getaway with my Love before the yuck of therapy. I didn’t know how much I needed it. 

While he’s working in the office, I’ve got a few things keeping me busy. One is exercising. The hotel has new equipment and no one using it. Being at this low elevation has not only made me more alive but guess what- I can run! So run I did. 🏃🏼‍♀️  It felt so good and now, back to crocheting. ☺️ 

Thanks for listening,

Tuna Jones 

No comments: