Thursday, October 4, 2007

Homeschooling and Moving?

So... homeschooling 3 girls, encouraging 1 boy, and moving...hmmm.. is this at all possible. Let's see, Angelina finished science, history, and math today. Becca and Boo finished what? I hoped you would know 'cuz I ain't got a clue! Lucky for me they didn't need me except to copy off a math test. I on the other hand talked with a pest man,talked with an old friend, talked to my sister- in-law, talked to my in-laws, talked to my mom on the way to the park, talked to the girls in the Bible study I facilitate, talked to my sister, talked to my kids, talked with our realtor,talked to the neighbors, talked with my sweet husband, and now I'm talking to you! I think all I did today is TALK! Is that possible? I did accomplsih some other menail task while talking:laundry, finances, copied papers for realtor, picked up Gabe, cleaned the kitchen, pet the dog...you get the picture. Today very little school happen, mostly life happened.

I'm gearing up for lots of LIFE happening over the course of a few weeks. I think Lina will have to learn by osmosis. I believe I can stay focused enough for the basics but the big stuff like learning her spelling words and getting ready for a vocab test is just gonna have to wait. Webkinz has become "learning"! "Sure honey, take the quiz...maybe you'll learn something." I think I'll become an unschooler. Can I do that? Sounds good just for a while, doesn't it? Maybe I'll be a carschooler or packinschooler. Oh, oh... how about a onthephonedoingbusinessschooler! That's sounds impressive. Nice big title. I like that one.

School and moving...it's beginning to feel like oil and water.

Thanks for Listening...
Tuna Jones


No comments: