Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What's in a Name?

I sure am glad God doesn't have as hard a time writing our names in the book of life as I do trying to switch over my address book. It has taken me 15 minutes to figure out how to send a Reality Check with my new email system. I still haven't perfected this new address book. I may have to sit and type each name all over again into my new book. Which leads me to what I spoke of earlier. God's great"address" book. Yah, I know address isn't in the Bible. I just thought it appropriate given the subject and all. So.. do you think He had a computer before any of us? Maybe He does it the old fashion way, pen and paper. Maybe He thinks it and it appears. I don't know. I do think we will see that great book someday as we stand before Him. I also know there is only one way to have your name written in His book of Life. Through the saving grace of Jesus and him alone. God's system hasn't and won't change no matter how much we do. He is the immovable Rock that keeps order in our world. He still has absolutes in a time when absolutes seem hard to find. I gave my life to Jesus along time ago. I know the day my name was written in the Book of Life. So, when the world becomes chaotic and full of disorder I remember that day. I won't always be here. This craziness and mayhem will cease when God calls. I'm trying and sometimes badly failing to make it in this world. I have days I say to Jesus," Can't you just come back now?" But for now I'm still a pilgrim on a journey like many of you. I can't wait to see Jesus and hear the trumpet sound. I'll be jumping for Joy! Let me tell you. My prayer this morning is that you can say the same .

Can you remember when you gave your life to Jesus? If so, mark the day on your calendar. Celebrate life!
If not, it is never too late.

Thanks for Listening...
Tuna Jones

No comments: