Tuesday, October 28, 2008

19 Years Ago Today.... Happy Anniversary!

Terrell and I are celebrating 19 years of marriage today. I tell you I feel like I blinked and here we are. We have had 4 kids, 6 houses, many moves, a few jobs, changed hair color, lost hair, gained weight, lost weight, traveled, bought and sold too many cars to tell you, been to funerals, been to weddings, prayed together, cried together, screamed and fussed, laughed and wept together, loved together. The key is together. I wouldn't change any of it. I love that man more now than before. Is it easy, this thing called marriage? No. Then sometimes, Yes. Is it worth it? Oh yes. Nothing good comes without work, right? Sometimes you push through ugly times and other times you sail through blessed times. Could we say we did it alone? No way. If it wasn't for Jesus being the third strand keeping us bound together, we couldn't have made it. Terrell and I also have the blessing of parents who have stuck it out. What an amazing example for us and other young couples. So today I look back in reflection of where we were 19 years ago and where we are today in 2008. God has been so good. I am so thankful for Terrell and his unending devotion to me. He is my soul mate, friend, and lover. No one else for me.

I love you Spike Harry Jones.
Here is the wedding party of 1989. Don't we look hot in our big fuchsia dresses. My sister Reginia was my Matron of Honor, Bobbie Jo and Robby were candle lighters, and Terrell's brother and cousin were groomsmen. We also had dear friends in our wedding; Karen, Kim, and Greg. T's uncle took our photos to save money. It was a great day. Beautiful October fall morning.

Here is Robby at as a young whipper snapper. Now he's married and has his own family.

Our amazing RX-7. I remember the first time he took me out and drove up to the house in this. Hmm.. On our honeymoon we went to some fun places in California in this little car. Oh the memories. Gas was cheaper too! Terrell and I have always enjoyed road trips. We like seeing new places and talking in the car for hours.

I was 22 years old and my mom was 45. I am now 41. Weird!
Here are my folks now. Still kicking strong and full of life! They have celebrated 45 years of marriage. Sure hope they move here soon.

And here we are today. Silly man would not cooperate for a photo. Hey.. HE bought me my new camera. At least he could smile when I ask! :)
This photo is from this summer, our first in Colorado. New hair color for 2008. Here's T's folks... 50 years of marriage and counting.
This photo is from the family cruise in 2007 for T's folks 50th anniversary! How many can say that. Too Fun!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Love the wedding pictures! SO fun to look back on! Have a wonderful day. H

Smithlings said...

I enjoyed seeing your wedding "album," Mr. & Mrs. Jones. What lovely newlyweds! You still look just as good today as you did back then... maybe even better!

CONGRATS on 19 years. :-)

XOXO

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Happy Anniversary...Love you!

5STRONG said...

What an absolutely gorgeous family! I adored seeing your beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.