Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Quiet

I'm in a quiet period.

Hardly any phone calls, emails, post o this ol' blog, just quiet. My Lord, the Holy One, the One I love, the One I desire to really know is taking me to new places on my journey with Him. I am hungry for the Word, hungry for His Spirit, looking for Him everywhere right now. Finding Him.

In Jeremiah the Lord says, " Then you will call upon me and come and pray and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found ...." God doesn't change. His Word says He's the same Yesterday, Today and Forever. Life gets crazy. The world is messy. Still... He. is. God.

My kids learned a song during their pre-school years at Peoples Church in Fresno. I find myself singing it daily.. "My God is so Big. So Strong and So Mighty. There's Nothing my God can not do for you.. and you.. and you.." I can see them running around the living room with amazing energy singing this little song. They had it so right.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Quiet is good. :) You have got to read this book we are reading for our small group. It is so good. You would love it. It is called The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan.

Amanda said...

thanks for the sweet comment. We are hoping to get to CO. in Feb. This post is a refelection of my walk right now and I thank you for your encouraging word today.

Anonymous said...

Seanna sings that song all the time. H

Anonymous said...

Tina
I love that song! Thanks for reminding me of it. I too am in a quiet time,listening for what God has to show me.