Saturday, January 8, 2011

Child's Play?


My kids are all creative. One makes bumpers. One crochets scarves in a weekend. One does water colors. One makes a box into a masterpiece.
I believe in technology; there is a place for it. But when it comes to using your brain to create something has to be said about old school no nonsense creativity.
I lack any creative juices, none, zero, but knew how important it was for my kids so I allowed as a part of their day growing up a time just to think, create, and discover. It's one of the beauties of homeschooling. No TV. No distractions, just time to be still and create. Some of my kids would read. Some would do K-nexs. Some would draw. All would create.
Why don't more adults do this? Why don't we stop long enough, step away from all the technology were driven by daily and be quiet. Think, read, create.
Reality Check:
What can you do this week to create? Now instead of thinking about it, go do it!
Thanks for listening,
Tuna Jones

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm making up my own crock pot recipe of cheesy, chicken potato soup! CREATING! LOVE IT!