Thursday, June 4, 2015

Chicago

Who doesn't love a big city and great food? I've only flown through the Windy City so staying here for a night on our way to Aruba was a fabulous start!  There's so much to take in in such few hours we focused on downtown and good pizza.
 

This signage confused me. I could pay to park 7 days but I couldn't stand for more than 15 minutes. Do they allow running in place or perhaps jumping awhile on this corner?  What if I ran in place with a flashing light, then could  stay here a bit more than 15 minutes?  Seriously.. who comes up with these?


 
The Bean. It was pretty cool, I might say and very popular. Selfie sticks were rampant.



We walked and walked. It was glorious. I held his hand, we didn't talk about the basement and we walked. We found this really cool pier that T had been to once before. It was super windy and cold walking out to the end so we escaped the wind for a few, grabbed some famous popcorn and a coffee.



The food highlight of the day.... Gino's. What a blast! Walls are all marked up with names and messages. We didn't have our white sharpie so next time and there will be a next time, I'll come prepared. The food was superb. Just a fun, fun place to hang out and eat.


What a fabulous beginning to a fabulous week!

No comments: