Saturday, October 21, 2023

Pause-Just Pause

 

Driving into our neighborhood yesterday we got stopped due to the county finally fixing our main road. Thank you construction crew! The mountains are so beautiful. Fall is in full force here and the days are getting short. I was mesmerized by the view. Then there was this flag sign.  Bright orange and messing with my view. Kind of reminds me of my journey right now. 

Hey Tina- whoa, pay attention, slow down, take your time. Lookup! Look around. Watch for the bumps in the road. 

Man, isn’t that the truth. I have days that I feel so overwhelmed. Do I eat this? Do I take this? What the heck do I do for treatment? So much coming at me at once. T and I have truly adopted “One step at a time” this year. Not a day at a time, but a step. And let me say, God has met us every.single.step. There is nothing so great that He can’t hold. I am grateful for the pause. The slowing down. The gentle whisper that speaks to my soul. 

So today- what is this sign telling you- do you need to slow down, breathe a minute, step back? 

Pause, just pause. 

Thanks for listening,

Tuna Jones

No comments: