Thursday, August 8, 2024

Cannon Beach, Oregon- It's Finally Cool!

 T and I made our way over to the coast. It was finally COOL! No AC required. We stayed at a campground just about 1/4 mile from Cannon Beach. Definitely walking distance. After setting up our camp site we went to get some clam chowder and fish and chips at the local pub-ish restaurant. We had a great conversation about Jesus with a couple that sat next to us. We've prayed for God moments along the way and this was one of them for sure. T has Fridays off in August, so we took off the next morning to tour the Tillamook cheese factory. It was an easy drive down and back before Bec, Brock and Valerie arrived. We LOVE their ice-cream, cheese and yogurt!



Once the Killinger's arrived, we walked down to the beach to get our toes in the sand. And Valerie decided she was going to get her whole body in the sand. Not just a little but ALL of her!🤣 The ocean calms my soul. I love to hear the water roar and get my feet in the water. The ocean for me is what the mountains are for Terrell. Like a big AHHHHHHHH. 

As you can see, Valerie LOVED the water and the sand. She was immersed in the feel of the sand and splashing of the water. I'm telling you, delight describes her. She was delighted in the people, the water, the sand obviously, taking in all these wonderful new experiences. She got herself a good bath when we got back. 








We explored the town and shops on Saturday and most definitely got in our steps. Had some more clam chowder- second bowl, second place, and coffee at the local coffee house. After making a delicious tri-tip dinner and a fun round of our new game, we hugged Bec, Brock and Valerie goodbye.

Coffee? Yes, please!




Sunday, T and I hiked a few miles at a gorgeous trail not too far from our campground then went back to our camper, grabbed our stuff to sit at the beach, and rode our bikes over. You be proud to know I road my bike without falling off all the way there and back! I was pretty pleased with myself if I do say so. 





Monday was a "normal" day. Laundry, packing, working. getting ready to go kind of day. We ended the day with a campfire that was more smoke than fire! No clue what wood that was but it wasn't super awesome.  On top of that, I find I'm anxious the day before we leave to go to the next stop and even the actual travel day I get uptight. Kind of like when I fly, I have anxiety then too, anticipating leaving and arriving. All the mental prep and physical prep that goes into traveling. We're learning how to pack up this giant camper, what we absolutely don't need, what we absolutely do need, and how to make clean up quicker. Some campers around us make their site look like home. All sorts of pomp and circumstance. We're not there yet. Right now it's about efficiency. 

I'm really glad we wandered over to Cannon Beach. It's charming, way cooler than the rest of America, and the beaches are beautiful.  

Off to our next stop... Port Angeles and the Olympic National Park.

No comments: