Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Park City, Utah

 

Sometimes all a girl needs is a McFlurry


Our view one way from the campsite

Our view the other way from the campsite

And here we are in another town. 

We're nearing the end of this part of our journey. Both of us are feeling like it's time to go home and then regroup. I've not been resting well. My emotions are all over the place right now. Processing the loss of Mom is coming in waves. I'm feeling this tsunami of emotions crashing down hard right now that really goes all the way back to my cancer diagnosis last May til now. Lots of life... lots of emotions. I want to call people to say hey but then I'm like, actually, I don't think I have it in me to do that. So there's that.

Park City is a cool town with great recreation. Last time we were here was for a vacation during Covid. T is getting in a few rides and tonight were going to hike. We're definitely missing our outside rec time. The site we're in is funny. It's gorgeous one way and turn 180 degrees and it's a car lot. No for reals. And it's next to Highway 80 so its LOUD. Moral of the story, don't believe the online pictures when your camping! Get on google maps and look where the place is located before booking. And stay away from highways. Our site is big and quite welcoming. But sleeping is hard when you hear traffic. We're learning! That's what this part of the journey's been all about, learning. So when we go back out next time for a stint, I'll know more of what to look for and how long to stay places. 

Until next time...

No comments: