Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pikes Peak or Bust!

Pikes Peak or Bust!....

"Bust what?" my class asked. "I thought we were busted or something!" Umm.. no. :) 

And so the adventure up to 14,000 feet began. 

 This is our 5th grade team. Two rookies, Two long timers. All together.. a great team!


 The tram climbs 1.5 hours to the top of the mountain. Steep and slow. The children loved the conductor's stories and the view.  I was marveling over the amazing scenery. My goodness, could Colorado be any more gorgeous!
 This place here is kindly known as Windy Point. Elevation 12,000 something. Quick trivia... some woman years ago had her baby in this place. I'm thinking.... I like hospitals.. on level ground.. with WARM running water.


 This here is the Cog Rail we were all piled into for 1.5 hours up, and 1.5 hours down. Let me just say, I am so glad the children did not get sick from the elevation. That could have been a verrry long 1.5 hours.
 Col-o-ra-do Rocky Mountain HIII-gh. (Feel free to start singing.  Thank you John Denver)

And back on level ground once again. What an amazing day! God's creation was truly singing out.

No comments: