Thursday, July 25, 2024

Provo, Utah Lakeside Resort

Alrighty... realizing as I write these stories, I am totally not taking pictures of RV life inside, only outside. I'll try harder. 😉 

So Provo. Why Provo. Well, it was far enough to get us closer to Bend, OR and close enough for T to drive after work. When you're driving a big rig, it takes so much focus that 5 hours is our limit before stopping. And I found us a place to stay! That's been a challenge with the last minute, "Hey let's go adventuring this summer!" kind of travel. People book RV spots WAYYY in advance. I think I spent one full day already literally looking for places for us to stay for the next few weeks. I was getting anxious and not the way I wanted to spend my day. Plus, all I could think of was whether this was my life til we got back to Tennessee. Searching daily for a place to stay, Oy! Jumping from place to place is exhausting and hard for T to work well. 
One afternoon, T asked if I'd like to walk and of course my answer was YES! Little did we know, with my nose in the phone searching all day or catching up on laundry, that tucked away was a lake less than a mile away. And this quiet little trail to boot! Such a find. Once again reminded me that the world around us is out there ready to be explored, ya just got to go.  We found an old graveyard of gas station signs, some cows, gorgeous views, and some old mossy trees. 

On Friday night we went into town on a date to see Twisters and grab some food. Worth seeing if you haven't yet. So that's it for Provo. Short and sweet. 













 

No comments: