Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Happenin's




It started off with Gabe home sick on Friday with the flu. He is still down in the basement(banished from the rest of us!) with fever. 3 days so far.... No picture of the sicky!
Becca had a soccer scrimmage at school on Saturday for 3 hours. There are close to 80 girls trying for 4 teams. It is the last event before final teams are chosen. It's great to see the girls play and check out the back drop!
The girls made a cake, well two cakes. Cake one (the picture) was awful! Lina did a great job decorating though. Cake two, we ate. Mmmmm
Lina and Boo flew the kite yesterday. It was a great day to do so. So when I lived in Soledad it was windy. I swore I would not do that again...WRONG! It's windy here too. The difference is it correlates with a storm so it's tolerable. This morning it was so windy the church shook. Goodness, merciful heavens! So if you see me in pony tails in pictures you know why.
We visited a local church again this morning. We like it. Lina loved Sunday School. She has been so brave and gone to SOO many Sunday School programs to give them the ol' one, two. Not sure if we'll land there yet. We want to go to a couple more.
T and I snuck in a little time together in front of the tube. And lastly we are grilling out steak tonight.
Sometimes I still feel like I'm dreaming. We talked for so long about leaving California and prayed for God's best. It has been difficult without our core of family and friends but I love it here. I am waiting for more. Anticipating it.
May you be blessed this week with God's provision and peace.

No comments: