Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Blessed are those....

Psalm 127: 3-5 (emphasis mine)
3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.
5 Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.
Psalm 128: 1-4 (emphasis mine)
1 Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways.
2 You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your sons will be like olive shoots around your table.
4 Thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD.
I received the greatest news I could today and had to share it with anyone who reads this silly little blog of mine.
A dear friend called to say she is having a baby! Number 6 for their family and I am so overjoyed for her. God heard her heart and His timing is so perfect. Today was a great reminder of this. God tells us in His word about the blessing of children over and over again. Not only are they a blessing but our lives are blessed because of them. Can you grasp that? I did a scripture search a few years back about the womb and someday... someday I'll share all I found in the Word. But not today. No, today is a day to rejoice for my sweet friend!
A new baby! Congratulations my friend and may God pour His spirit into this child to live and serve Him. May this little one give you a glimpse of Jesus in its eyes.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Yay! Congratulations to her! That's awesome! Now you are really going to have to make it to Texas!
Lisa Bevere talks about that verse in Ps. 127:4 where it talks about our children being arrows. We discussed it at bible study. It is so cool how the Lord gives us people to send out into the world who will (hopefully) survive us. It is His way of letting us pour into a culture we will never see. Very cool. I'll try to find the place in the book that talks about it - or it may have been in the video, I can't remember. Anyway that is awesome and I'm excited for her!

Anonymous said...

Hi Thrustons!

Finally figured out how to leave a comment .... it's safe to say I'm not a "tecchhy" kinda gal! We love reading your blog daily - it is NOT silly! It keeps us all up to date on the goings on of your wonderful family. You are missed here in Roseville.

The Klinsmanns

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I dream the brief should acquire more info then it has.