Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bread in the Making


I am trying to turn this into the picture of bread on top. I make rolls all the time, very well I must say. BUT with the cost of food escalating, I am attempting to save money on bread. I am making a single recipe, putting it on the dough cycle, separating it into two loaves to make it light and airy, and bake 'em up! I'll let you know how it comes out. This could save us at least 50.00 dollars a month. You should see our food budget! Now if I only had a cow...hmmmm.

1 comment:

Kim ~ Kay Kay said...

Yes Yes..........sister I hear you!!
I just told Danny it's time to start up the bread machine, I'm not sure if mine is working though, need to buy a new one maybe.
Will be worth it, the good Wheat Bread I buy is $4.50 a loaf!! Terrible!! And there is only 3 of us!
Can you survive on Bread and Water ALONE??????