Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Bet is On!

Gabe thinks I can't do, I say I can! This is the Incline hike in Manitou. You can read the description below. He laughed at me when I said we should go together. So.. I'm going in the morning with Becca. He forgets I like walking and now I'm acclimated to the elevation. Not saying it's gonna be easy but I can do this. Pray for me early early tomorrow.
By the way.. haven't a clue who that person is in the picture...
The Manitou Incline


Completed in March of 1907 the Manitou Incline was a 1 mile cable car railway built to give tourists a quick ride to a summit offering excellent views of Colorado Springs. In 1990 the Manitou Incline closed and pulled up tracks. Ever since then the route has seen a steady stream of runners, joggers, hikers, walkers, and even some crawlers. The route is short and steep, gaining nearly 2000 feet of elevation in 3/4 of a mile it is truely a Colorado workout.

6 comments:

Political.Asylum said...

The Sarcastic Idiocy Forum beleives in you! You are this weeks Lord and Saviour!!!

http://www.thesif.net/SIF/index.php?

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I commented your blog, but you have a nice idea.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! You go girl! I'm already breathing heavy for you.

Kim ~ Kay Kay said...

NO....problem.........!!!
As long as you are acclimated to the elevation, you should be able to do it with ease!!!
You go Tina Marie!!
Gabe, I hope you didn't bet her anything big, you'll be on the losin end!!
Kimmie

Anonymous said...

That was me, thought it would give you my web address. :)

Jacinda said...

You can definitely do it! There's nothing like a good challenge, especially in th form of a bet. Good luck! You will be blogging about it right?