Sunday, August 3, 2008

Party Over Here...Whoo, Whoo and Then Some...





The weekend was full of fun, hard, and hot times.
First the fun: Friday we started off going out with Rob and Joanna for some good ol' fun. We found a very clean and fun place downtown for pool and then went across the street for some really great ice cream. I tried to get them to go dancing to encourage that sweet baby out but, NOOOOO, I was the only one who wanted to get my groove on. By the way.. he's still not budging.
Second the hard: I got a resume together. That was really, really painful. I saw on paper what I feel doesn't really reflect who I am. I can't verbalize my passion for family, children, marriage, everything I have experienced for the last 18 years on paper. I tried. Terrell helped me; he's good at this kind of thing. Then I sent it off to Compassion International. Another hard thing... we watched 60 minutes and the update on Darfur. I wept. It's not fair that people are killed for the color of their skin or their beliefs. Why must there be so much hatred. And so many orphans.
Third..HOT! It's hot here. I know you don't believe me but it is. I sweat through church htis morning. We don't have A/C; not many people do around here. Sleeping has been tough, real tough. As it is, I sleep with the bare essentials. Try heat too. Yuck. Rob and Joanna have A/C. Good thing with the baby coming. I might sleep in the basement.
Yep.. that's my weekend. Thanks for your suggestions on jobs. Anyone want to hire me to speak? I do think I'll start writing now too. It's time. In the mean time, I'm looking for part time work. Something good though. It has to help or be involved with people.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to work for Compassion. Can I help? What are you applying for. You know I know some people there. :)
H

Anonymous said...

Putting a resume would be hard for me too...I don't know if I've ever done it before! Sorry it's so hot, maybe you need a swamp cooler - we love ours. Don't worry it will be winter before you know it, or at least fall.

Shan said...

thanks for the eczema info., i've heard that food allergies can cause it too...it's weird though 'cuz neither of my girls have never been allergic to anything. hmmmm.
anyways, so far it's just staying in that one area and i'm keeping aquaphor on it and it seems to not be getting worse. hopefully she just has the mild type that just has a "flare up" a couple times a year. i guess we'll see.
thanks again for the comment. :)
~s

Joanna said...

Oh. I found a job for you in the paper today. I'll bring it over tonight.
PS you can come sleep here anytime. :) Our house is an icebox.

Jacinda said...

Sounds like a full weekend. Just letting you know, I definitely would have been on the dance floor with you getting my groove on! I have no moves, but I like to pretend! I know what you mean about resumes. I'm having to put one together soon too, and I'm kind of procrastinating for the same reason. I'd rather communicate verbally!