Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Change for the Jones'

I've waited long enough to say...

Change is in the air and we are a part of it. What? More change you ask? Ok, don't ask. I'll tell you anyhow. If you're reading this then you get to hear whether you want to or not. Ya, control freak blogger Me!

#1. School: All the kids are going back to PS {that's Public School for ya'll not used to the HS (that'd be Home School) acronyms} either full or part time. That was said in my mind with my southern draw, by the way. We have been taking HSing a year at a time since God directed us into it 10 plus years ago. This year Boo decided after much prayer it was time. She's ready. She's been home for 8 years. Wow. Gabe has been back in PS awhile; since his sophomore year. Becca is our stick-to-the-same girl. She's going part time to PS and taking classes at the junior college this year and next. She's like the flexibility of HSing. Now Lina... Hollywood as we call her... she has wanted to go to PS since K-garten. I kept saying no, no, no. Now we're saying yes. She is soooo social and needs competition to motivate her. She will be in 4th grade this year. Of course we can always bring them back home if we see any undesirable choices being made. How's that for control. HSing really is an awesome educational choice. The best really, especially to ground your children and teach them many of Gods principals. With that said, I'm glad there are choices. Change is good too. The decision to send Lina was two fold.. which leads to change #2

#2. T an I have been praying about me and what my future holds. Gabe goes off to college in a year and the other two shortly there after. I would like to work. Buuuuuuut... I haven't in so very long, I don't know what to do or where to start. Is that possible? If I could make money entertaining you reading this blog, I'd do that. So here's my list for my future... you vote. Let me know what to do.'K, 'K.

What I Want to do When I Grow Up:

1. Be Miss America. Shoot. too late.
2. Teach..gotta finish college though I've been teaching for 10 years already.(southern draw again)
3. Be an actress on a sit com.
4. Missionary. Always have, always will. Can't really leave my family. That'd be bad. and sad.
5. Motivational Christian Women's Speaker..Oh BIG dream since newly married. love to talk. Love to see women be women.
6. Mom. Adopt or have more kiddos. Great job. The best.
7. Writer. Book of Devos . That's how Reality Check got started.
8. Writer. Children's book on interracial families. Ya... We are interracial. Surprise!
9. Flight Attendant. Are people flying still?
10. Work for a ministry. Love people!
10. No idea? Help.

Ok. That's the big news. Kids going off to PS. Me growin' up to do something. Any ideas...

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you would be great at being a motivational speaker, but that does require lots of travel... so I vote for working in ministry.

Sara Kay said...

I would love to hear you speak!

You could start writing more posts about interracial marriage and/or motivating women, or even start another blog dedicated to that? I'm a firm believer in starting with what you have. :)

I have a good (white) friend who was raised a Christian but has rejected God, and then made the decision to marry a black man. Her father disagrees with the decision about her faith, obviously, but he refuses to speak to her now, because of her interracial marriage. I know it's a complicated issue, but I'd love some tips to pass on to her. She is very receptive to practical help!

Jacinda said...

Wow. That is all huge! I think you should be a writer and a speaker. More than one of your ideas listed had to do with writing and ministry. I will pray for you. I am going back to the work force (temporarily, hopefully) to help out for awhile. By the way, I am adding you to my blog roll. Thanks for reading mine too! It's fun getting to know you. I actually Robby first, through church. What a small world!

Anonymous said...

I think teaching fits you well. You are patient and explain things well. Go back to school...you are so young. Hey, looks who's talking! Writing is good too, but they can go together. When you go back to school get more writing experience through classes...refine your skills. This is a very exciting time for you...go for it.

Anonymous said...

That anonymous was me! I hit return instead of typing my name. Oops!

Anonymous said...

That anonymous was me! I hit return instead of typing my name. Oops!

Kim ~ Kay Kay said...

Hey Tina,
Had to update on reading your blog been busy....
I agree with Regi, Teach. You know if you have it in your heart to speak and the travels too much, do it locally for a while and see where God leads after that. Your heart might change and he might have you just teaching and speaking at a few local event's.
Prayer sister, Prayer!
I'll pray for God to reveal it to you! Exciting!! Adventur!! Don't let satan take any of that away from you through your resume.
God knows, that's all that's important. He knows your heart to!
How great is that!
Kimmie