Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trees for the Forest

Can you see the trees for the forest? Maybe you see the wood blind in the way of both?

Today my girls and I went over to Joanna's house to surprise her with a "the baby's coming" cleaning. It's tough to do it all with a toddler and a big belly. We were so excited! Robby even got in on the action and "took her on a date". We finished in 2 hours..whoo hoo. Teaching your children chores (all your children, not just the girls!) pays off. Anyhow.. after we left with smiles on our face, I took my daughter to the orthodontist for a monthly check-up. In comes a lady full of anxiety who "happens" to sit by me. After listening to her tell her daughter a long saga, her daughter walks back to have her retainer repaired. She and I are sitting there and she says she has a headache. I told her,"Give me your hand." So she does.. I know, I look so trusting anyone will hand me their hand. I start to rub on the area for headaches and talk with her about her stress. She then continued the story and explained all that is happening in her life today. Best friend's daughter is in the hospital, her niece falls and breaks her arm in her house yesterday, surgery tomorrow, her niece doesn't have insurance...on and on. I switch hands and keep rubbing. In the conversation I had a chance to talk with her about Valerian Root for her stress, asked her if she had any water today, and kept rubbing her hand. By the time she left I had 2 names to pray for today. Don't know these people but do know they need prayer. I told her I'd pray for them and she thanked me. And thanked me again.

So ... when it comes to being the hands and feet of Jesus, just find one tree. Sometimes you have to look for them, sometimes they sit right by you in a doctor's office. The wood blind.. that's you. Sometimes you need to raise it up and get yourself out of the way.

Reality Check: Where are you today? Are you seeing the wood blind? Is the forest looking pretty big? Can you see the trees? Once you ask Jesus to use you, to be His hands and feet, expect it. The Forest will fade and you'll see so many trees.

Thanks for Listening,
Tuna Jones

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful to call you my friend! You are awesome!