Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We're Home!


Gabe used to read all the time. This is a nice sight. I was adamant about the kids falling in love with books.... and Spanish. Both open up your world!


We made it home. My back is killing me but we're alive and safe. It was a quiet ride home except for the girls in the back giggling.
Last night: The campfire was great. We talked and played verbal games.. you know, if you had to live in a nudist colony or dumpster dive what would you do? Another was takin' adjectives to describe each other. My son said "worries" for me. Not fond of that one. Oh yes, and "Mom". He said that describes me all around. I always say I have no skills but one... I know how to be a mom. Not artsy, can't cook ( I get by ), or ski, but I can be a mom. Ok... I'll take it.
Sleeping in the truck: So it was warmer but there were sticky thingy things that hit me in the back and Lina is a WILD sleeper. She kept flinging herself on me. Hmm.. is this how it was for the pioneers? I would have been so cranky!
Breakfast: that yummy bagel. Good. Mmm.
Snack: Chick a Fila shake. Becca asked for that. I agreed. Chocolate makes me feel better.
Glad I'm home. Now I need a spa to fix my aching back.
AND... I made it back before Joanna had Keaton. I surely didn't want to miss the Big Event!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Yay! Glad you're back. Step class tomorrow?

Smithlings said...

Despite the sore back, it sounds as if you had a great time camping. Your own bed will feel really comfy tonight. Ahhhhhhh! It's always fun to see what the Jones fam. is up to. :-)

XO

A.

Anonymous said...

Gabe looks so grown up with his hair short. He and Josh will match now. Sorry the sleeping wasn't so good, but the view looked wonderful. Maybe next time...."Camp Hilton".