Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Expressively Cakes...just for me!



I went over to have some coffee for the VERY 1st time to a friend's house since I moved to Colorado. Is that a run on sentence? Sounds like it. Hmmm. I know, you're shaking your head in disbelief but it's true. It was refreshing. Kinda felt like a guilty pleasure. She has a great, yummy, oh so delicious, cake business (for all ya'll Colorado folks) and I was surprised with this cake today!
I finished it ALL. BY. MYSELF. It was of those "need to eat chocolate afternoon"
Thank you Dee Dee, my new Colorado Friend. :)

4 comments:

Kim ~ Kay Kay said...

How nice of her! Fun for you.
Nothing like Chocolate!! It was very pretty. Is that a business just in Colorado? Looks like something they do here now to. Sure you can order them on line all over. She makes a pretty one!
Glad you enjoyed your time with her and your birthday.
Kim

Joanna said...

Um, you have had coffee at my house. What am I, chopped something? (How does it go?) :) Just kidding. Glad you made another friend.

Anonymous said...

OK,did you tell her it's my birthday too!!!??? That cake LOOKED amazing! So glad you enjoyed it all by yourself...I'm sure the girls were very jealous.

Luke Holzmann said...

That first sentence was odd, so let me suggest a simple re-arrange to make it more easily coherent:

I went over to a friend's house to have some coffee for the VERY 1st time since I moved to Colorado.

I think you had a prepositional phrase in the wrong spot so it got a little disjointed. [smile] Of course, the meaning could be more confused now... was this the first time you had coffee, or the first time you had it with a friend? That kind of thing. Ugh... English can be so confusing sometimes [smile].

~Luke