Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Banquet or Marie's




We are a Marie Callendar's pot pie family. No, let me clarify that. Everyone BUT me and Becca are Marie Callendar fans. I actaully hate them. That's beside the point.
I went to the store tonight to pick up some pot pies, quick and easy. I stood there for at least 10 minutes in shock over the price... 3 bucks a pie. Well, a couple feet from our family fav was this one. Banquet, 69 cents each. BAM! This was an easy switch. Marie went back into the freezer and Banquet went into the cart.
Gotta save where I can!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear wife of mine, some sacrifices we will make, but never again on the Banquet. Marie's or bust!!! SHJ

Unknown said...

i don't eat em-but my kids DEVOUR THEM!

Anonymous said...

So were they any good? Looks like T didn't like them. I can't eat the Marie's ones either. Too much stuff that doesn't like me.

Maria said...

I debated if I should tell you this but here goes ... I just got back from Winco where I happened to walk by the pot pies. Right next to each other were the Marie Callendar's for $1.68 and the Banquet for .56 cents. This is not "rubbing it in." This is "move back to CA"! (I know you won't but it never hurts to try.) Miss you guys!

Kim ~ Kay Kay said...

Yuck!! Just make homemade, that's what we do. It doesn't cost that much more to make it and you know what's in it!