Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Anniversary House




One year ago we moved into our home. We jumped into our life in Colorado and now here we are... settled.
Here's a list of thoughts about this last year:
1. I love this place. The blue skies, clean air, pine trees, open spaces. Peace.
2. I love our church. We found a great place full of great people, all serving Jesus. Community.
3. The cold isn't as cold as I thought. Surprised.
4. I love having family near us. Belonging.
5. I never grow tired of looking out my window each morning. Contentment.
6. I don't ever think about selling or moving. Home.
7. Groceries are high. Bummer.
8. Charley's electric fence doesn't always keep her home. Concerned.
9. My children are adjusting. Mostly.
10. My husband loves the trails and found some fellow cyclists. Yeah!
11. Thunderstorms are way cool. Loud.
12. God still provides. Thankful.
When we knew it was time to move, God directed and we followed. We're still following and He's still directing. We like it that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's already been a year? That went fast.

Smithlings said...

We miss you here, but I am so thankful that you are feeling at home there. You are blessed! Thanks for sharing...

Maria said...

One year ago, we were sad every time we drove down Pleasant Grove and thought of your wonderful family! Can't say enough how happy I am for your family!