Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentine's Day 1990.. Married This Time!

Again. Sorry for the sad photos... again.. not scanned well.


1990. Married 4 months. The Day of Love!

I was working at a pre-school downtown from 6 am-2 pm and T was with Dole then. I couldn't wait to plan this Valentine's Day. There was no way of topping an engagement ring but now that we were married.. well, I could plan other fun things. I raced home and got to work. First I called my mom to get a recipe for meatloaf. Then I ran to the store, ran back as fast as I could, and got cooking! I made a nice meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, a veggie and applesauce. I was not and am not much of a cook so having dinner turn out was Mar-Ve-Lous! Ok, now for decorating. We lived in this apartment that wasn't so attractive but I had to make due. I pulled the twin guest mattress into the living room by the fireplace, I grabbed sheets and thumbtacks, and I got the fireplace ready with wood. I made a tent out of the sheets, enclosing the living room just like I did when I was a kid. I set the mattress in the middle and set out our place settings for dinner nearby in the tent. I decorated with red hearts and made him a sign for the door. I changed into something more comfortable before he got home, checking my clock to the minute. It was time to start the fire. I did everything Terrell did; got the starter log, lit the match, turned on the gas, and wa la.. I had a fire. and smoke. lots of smoke rolling into my love nest. Oh dear! I hadn't opened the flue! I quickly ran and opened the windows and started waving towels to get the smoke out, setting off the smoke alarm! I was just hoping the neighbors didn't see me. I ran to get water and threw it in the fire. AGHHHH! Ok, gotta save this moment, Terrell was expected home any minute. I hear his key turn and then a little laugh or was that a cough. He loved my tent, dinner, and me.. Oh yes, he made us a fire. It worked this time.
Memories.

No comments: