Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine's Day 1989


Let me say before I dive into my story that this scan thing didn't quite work this time. Not sure why, but it didn't. So click on the picture for a better view!

Now my story...
February 1989, Valentine's Day.
Terrell and I had been dating since October and this was my first official Valentine's Day with someone I loved. Other than my parents of course , but that doesn't count. I love Valentine's Day. No better holiday. Of course my name could have been Cinderella too and I would have been pleased. Now you get the picture.
T and Rod were roomies. Liesl, Rod's girlfriend-now wife of many years, and I were friends. We happened to have key to their place and went in to decorate. The picture is our creation. Notes, balloons, cards! How fun was that! Terrell had planned a nice dinner for us that evening. (I can't believe I don't have any pictures of the two of us from that night.) We went to Black Angus Steak House in Fresno, California, had a great private dinner in a quiet booth, and a great dessert. He was acting strange that night. Blowing on the lamp that hung over head, distracted, just being strange. Not at all like my husband. Well.. we left there and took a drive up towards Millerton Lake to Sky something Road. Now you have to know, he had a very nice RX-7 so driving was very fun. The moon was full and we parked. No, we didn't PARK, we parked to look at the lake and talk. No really. Talk. Well, in a short time he pulled out this little box and asked me to marry him. Oh my goodness. The ring was beautiful and I said yes! Not 'cause of the ring...cause I loved this man!
The rest is History.. Our History.
This Valentine's Day is our 20th anniversary of that great moment in our life. I have looked forward to every February 14th since. I know, I am a hopeless romantic!
My next story is even better... just wait til tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet. So have you figured out what to do for this year yet?