Tuesday, March 3, 2009

America Voted.. I Can Stay!

Ok... so I'm not really on American Idol but I feel like I was just voted in to stay in the top 12. We got some news this weekend that gave us a big sigh of relief. (ps...I just re-read this post and realize some of this is in code. Sorry.)

Times are tough in our US of A and we are feeling the impact here too. We keep looking at our budget, evaluating what else we can cut and thankful for all we do.

Our family had planned a big ol' fat vacation this year to Hawaii and well, it got the kibosh. We're gonna have to stay closer to home. Somewhere in the US but not as far as Hawaii. We have lots of plans really. A lot of them are moving to the back burner this spring. Bigger deck, spa, traveling, newer car, fluff. You get the idea. I'm sure were not alone. This here ol' economy is starting to sting like a little bee in my pants.

Let me just say we're staying put and God has blessed my sweet man with a job (still and Amen!) and I am sooo thankful! We are seeing or hearing about folks who are losing their jobs left and right. It is so sad and down right scary. Preparation seems to be the key word of the hour in our home. So that's what we are doing. Mentally, spiritually, and financially. Preparing.
Ouch, that pesky bee!

Reality Check:

How about you? Are you preparing? Are you ready for harder times or are you skirting on by day to day. It sure isn't easy and takes way lots of discipline. It's sometimes down right painful. You ain't alone my friend... I'm right here with ya.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God has been knocking on my door too. I am planning on talking to The captain about NIXXING our romantic getaway to Mexico with free babysitter. I just feel God pulling us to Ethiopia more each day and would rather spend ANY money on the 2 children waiting for me.