Saturday, October 16, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, October 16, 2010


Outside my window.... darkness covers the sky with just a tint of opaque blue left.

I am thinking... that my room needs a good cleaning, I love this weather. People say if you don't like the weather just wait 5 mins, it will change. Well, ours is the best fall in years. Just splendid. Let's see, what else am I thinking.. I only have one week left of my research class and I am so excited.


I am thankful for... God doing things to remind me he hears me. I struggle with staying put and have asked God to remind me why we are here. He has! Over and over this week. I don't want to be a wanderer. I want to settle in and stay. One thing we learned from Pastor Rick is how God works upstream. I can still hear him saying that. So this week, we've had way too many financial conversations to keep them straight. One BIG conversation had to do with my long term vision in this home and making it what we said we would almost 3 years ago. I was discouraged after we talked and thought, it will never happen. Now, it may take a long while but here's how God heard my heart (you know that desire for women to make their home, THEIR home, not someone else home?). Our realtor sent pictures to us of a home JUST like ours that he had seen this week with a complete kitchen makeover JUST like I told Terrell I wanted! For reals. No kidding. That was huge for me cause I really HATE (so it's strong and offensive but it is how I feel) how our kitchen is laid out. So non-functional and SMALL! I got a glimmer of hope and realized God heard me and knows just where I am today. I'm not ungrateful, mind you.. I just think it's okay to make your home, your home.


From the learning rooms.. lots to do this week. Four papers due and lots of reading.

From the kitchen... warm pumpkin bread with chocolate chips this week. Yep, that's not on p90x. After crying and falling a part one too many times this week from the abnormal amount of stress, I announced I could NOT try to remember meals and food as well as do everything else this season. We will eat healthy and T is adhering better than I but pumpkin bread will be made... and enjoyed.

I am wearing... gray sweats, t-shirt, new red slippers. I go through 3 or 4 pairs a year.

I am creating... nothing. I tried this week but it just didn't happen.

I am reading... textbooks mostly.

I am going...to clean my room, watch movie, eat chocolate, and climb in bed.


I am hoping... for enough sleep to feel rested tonight. I am also hoping for a good finish to my research class.

I am hearing... the wind roar through the trees outside, a car or two pass on the road, and Lina singing downstairs.


Around the house... Terrell is working on a garage project. He is putting in a back door in the garage so we can get Charley in and out without messing up the house in the bad weather. My husband is sooo handy.

A picture worth sharing..

There he is working hard on taking it all a part.

No comments: