Friday, October 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, October 22, 2010


Outside my window.... blustery cold, windy and wet. Low clouds hiding the mountains. Rain or snow?? No, that's hail. A cold rain and hail I think.

I am thinking... that this weekend is going to be so much fun! Broncos game on Sunday with my husband and dinner and a jazz club tonight. I can't wait. I am also thinking how much sleep helps me mentally. I think I shall sleep more.

I am thankful for... a good solid foundation in Christ. I am so concerned for our youth and young adults today. Relativism is oozing into the church.


From the learning rooms.. another reason to rejoice! I just finished Senior Research to-day! I now only have 2 weeks left of New Testament and then Senior capstone. i can see the light getting brighter. Now.. a piece of trivia to chew on. Did you know the Trinity is not mentioned once in the Gospels? I am now researching where it is mentioned and how the Church decided it is what we know it to be. Interesting the things we "know" from our Christian walk but do we really "know"? Hmmm.. digging deeper here.

From the kitchen... I made a great potato soup this week. Yummy. I hardly did any other cooking. Oh we had food, and I did cook some pork but school has taken up a lot of time. I am going to use my crock pot for sure next week.


I am wearing... gray sweats again, sweatshirt, new red slippers. I go through 3 or 4 pairs a year.

I am creating... a workspace for myself in the basement. I'll show you next week. Now that I got my first very own desk of my very own, I am claiming some real estate down stairs. (How's that for a run-on sentence?)


I am reading... Country Living this week. Yummy Thanksgiving ideas. It makes me hungry every time I read it.

I am going...to go shower, finish any last minute things around the house, go get Boo from school, eat and start. my. weekend.

I am hoping... to see my parents next week! They are supposed to come in for a brief visit on their way to KY.


I am hearing... Not much. Wow.. that's odd. Terrell fixed my chirping fridge and it's actually quiet now. Yeah for quiet.

Around the house... I need to do some fall/winter organizing and paint two rooms; laundry and master bath. But.. not yet. :)

A picture worth sharing:
I got my cap and gown and tassel today!! Oh yes! I am going to be a college graduate. My long awaited dream is finally just a few weeks away. Hot Diggity!

No comments: