Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Papers and Info Galore!


So, how many women over 40 do you know who go back to school? I have been determined to finish my college degree and credential since Terrell and I got married. In case you're wondering, that would be 19 years. Timing is everything so they say. Who are "they" anyway? I met with my advisor this morning and she was an excellent source of info. I am now signed up for 4 classes; two at a time for 8 weeks each this spring. I have so many documents and papers to sort through. Oh dear, organization can be challenging! I'm on my way. Can you tell I'm excited!
Reality Check: What dream are you not going after? You know what it is. So why not? Pray and seek the Lord. Don't let it die on the vine. Maybe you'll be like me and wait 19 years or maybe this is your day. Go for it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still considering school myself...go Sis!

Smithlings said...

I hope my comment encourages & motivates you.

My mom started college in 1967 when I was five -- she was forty. She had never taken a college class in her life. My siblings were ages 15, 14, 12, and two were 10. A few people told her she was crazy for attempting such a feat, but MANY were very supportive.

She managed to complete her undergrad. degree in five years, and then go on to complete a master's degree in two years. And to top it off, she graduated with honors. Yep, I'm braggin' on my mommy! So... it can be done! And I never once felt as if she neglected us kids. I'm not sure how she managed that -- she was an adept "multitasker" before that term was even coined.

My dad, brothers, sister, and I all felt as if we had a small stake in helping her achieve her goal, because we all had to work together to keep the family going. Well, it took that and a whole lot of prayer! Okay, it was all about the prayer!

Go accomplish that goal, Tuna! I know that you have the love & support of your family. Go, Team Jones! Make it a discipline to pray together. Study hard! You all are in this together. :-)

And yes, we'll be praying for you from here.

Love & Hugs,

A.

Anonymous said...

Wow - What can I say after Alane's encouraging words? Not much! Friends are the best! Go team Thruston! You can all do this together. Help your Mama who has always helped you with your education! Tina - I know you are capable of doing this. There will be challenging times but you can work through them for the end goal - a teacher! You Go Girl!!
We will be there to encourage you always!
Love you tons and tons!
Cynthia