Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Camera Story

Yes... this is mine! I'm so excited about my new camera. Ready for the story....

I turned 40 in September. No, really, I did. I know, you can close you mouth now. Well, I wanted and IPhone for my big 40 and we never bought it. T wrote in my card my gift was coming and said it was a PDA. I read it and thought Public Display of Affection. No seriously I did. Sounded great to me cause I knew I was still getting an IPhone too! In bed that night I said so when do I get my gift. He said he hasn't ordered it yet. I was baffled and said," What do you mean? " I then told him what I thought it meant and he laugheddddd! Such a blonde moment for me. So.... fast forward... we got so busy moving that fall that I never thought about an my gift UNTIL I started blogging. Our old camera served its purpose and I really like it for running out for something quick but I was ready for a better one. AND we don't get Cingular here and had to switch to Verizon. There goes the IPhone. AND well, Gabe needed senior pictures taken, Lina needed some pictures taken and that was enough for me. AND I don't any skills as Napoleon would say. I need a hobby other than reading and walking. Now I'll have one. Maybe I can even take a class. Yah! Okay so the rest of the story.... My husband gets packages weekly sometimes daily, especially with the bike rebuild. K and I were heading out with the kids for the day (last week) and T informed me a package was coming. I started whining and giving them all my sad song. It goes like this," I never get any packages. I want a package. You always get fun things. I need you to order me something." Can you hear me .. I did a good job whining. Well that afternoon after a marvelous outing we are all on the back porch just hanging out chatting and out walks T with a box. He says,"You want to see what I got?" " Sure." I'm always interested even if I don't know what it is other than something that makes a bike work. He opens this box and it was for MEEEEE! I Got A PACKAGE!!!! He surprised me and ordered the camera I wanted!!!!! So way cool. That was a great package, let me tell you. Can you tell I like surprises! So I'm reading the manual and practicing on the kids. Can't wait to take Gabe's senior pictures. I am sooo glad my kids are flexible and trust me too. Oh yeah... the PDA... he got a big ol' kiss from his bride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun is that! Awesome surprise Terrell. I love surprises!!!
Cynthia