Thursday, June 26, 2008

This is for Mom..




Look Mom.... that thing you swore was a weed is this beautiful Poppy. It totally looks weedish to me but the flower is amazing! Up close it looks like tissue paper. I'm told it has a short life after blooming, too bad. I still have no clue what all the flowers are in my yard. Still a California gardener trying to become Colorado expert. I do however have petunias that are doing nicely and I've seen gorgeous flowers like we had in Louisville on Cod Drive on the side of the house..remember. I just had a pre-senior moment and lost the name of them!!!Hmmm.. anyhow...This Poppy will forever be called Bonnie's Weed!
Love You Mom!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Does Mom read your blog?

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina,

It's an Oriental Poppy . . . I'm pretty sure. Love them!!

-toni

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are just beautiful!