Tuesday, June 1, 2010

No Trees?




Pile of dead trees next to our camp site. :(

Soooooo... after driving through some gorgeous territory and falling in love with Steamboat Springs, we arrived at Steamboat Lake. Well, actually we drove around it first. The directions sent us in a neighborhood somewhere on the other side of the lake. We were good and followed them very precisely to the very end. To the driveway of some resident that is. After a few texts and realizing we went too far, we came back around to the other side to find our friends. My heart sank when I saw this. I put so much effort into the details, down to TREEd site. See, the bark beetle destroyed so many trees in Colorado and before we came up, this place decided it was clean up time. I just wish they had told me.

No comments: