Sunday, January 25, 2009

Grumpy Gills


I feel like Nemo today. I hear Dori's voice calling him Grumpy Gills in my head over and over again every time I want to act out on my grumpiness. So far I've maintained control how ever fake it is. Actually I was fine most of the morning. It just kind of jumped on me, you know how it is... one person says something, or you "think" something, or you just feel agitated for no apparent reason. Yep.. that's me today. So here is how I'm gonna win. I'm gonna recognize it for what it is. Garbage from the Pit. What does God's word say? Take every thought captive. I'll be filling up a trash can today! Or how about take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish ALL the flaming arrows of the evil one. Ephesian 6:16 My shield will be held high today.
Reality Check:
Can you recognize the arrows from the evil one? Do you take them captive and shove the lid tight on the trash can?
Walk in His strength, walk in His power... but walk especially in His Spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis, I feel your pain. One great thing about getting older is hopefully getting wiser too and learning not to bark even when we feel like it...not that I've arrived or anything..just ask the family! I hope your day gets more joyful as it goes along. :)