Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Winter's Hike in Colorado






There she is Mrs. America! Amanda looks much better than me after a hike..hmm..


This is my favorite photo of the day.


Here we go.. another hike. Same place as we have gone many times before but this time in the snow and with a new friend. We haven't gotten much snow this winter thus far but when we do, out I go! Hike, walk, whatever. The sun is warm and the scenery is amazing. Bec and Boo came along as well as Charley Girl and Amanda's dog Scruffy. Now my new friend... everyone meet Amanda. We met at church and hit it off right away. She is active, full of life, has a cool husband, two great kiddos AND loves Jesus. It takes many days and lots of emotional energy to develop friendships... Amanda is one I can see investing in. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah! I'm so glad for you! Someone to challenge/encourage you physically too...we all need those kinds of friends. I like the picture of the park bench too. It's just inviting someone to sit on it! This isn't the same park we went to? Got your comment on my blog too...thought you'd get a laugh.

Jacinda said...

Oooh I want to be there. Gorgeous!

Maria said...

I can just hear the crunching of the snow while you hiked! And I bet the air is so fresh.