Wednesday, January 14, 2009

School for the Momma

My 2 year journey towards my degree and credential has begun. School is in session and moving right along. Each class is 8 weeks and week one is zooming by.

Class 1: The Craft of Writing for Educators
Class 2 Astronomy

I have so much reading and writing for each class. Last night I text the kids, while on break of course :), and told them about a 10 page research paper. I got home 10 something pm and Terrell says, "The kids think you have a 110 page paper to write!" Just a little off. Usage error. In Colorado a teacher not only has 600 hours of student teaching she also has 200 extra hours of classroom time too. Regis incorporates this into each TE class. I have the privilege of working one on one with a child and helping that child blossom into the writer they always dreamed of being. Yep 10 plus hours for that class.

I am busy but still finding time to workout, blog, home-school, and love on my man. Date night is far more important now than ever.

PS. Valentine's Day is one month off... Are you planning?? I Love love LOVE Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

".

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers! Don't forget to add to the top of your list: reading and studying the Word of God. "He is the vine, we are the branches...Apart from Him we can do nothing".

Anonymous said...

Oh that's a given! coffee and the Word.

Smithlings said...

Hey, Tuna! It sounds as if you are off & runnin', girl! There will be times that you will no doubt need more hours in your day, but I am sure you will be able to do a fine job juggling everything. I think that they should give you college credit for effective multitasking. :-) We are praying for you from here.

In order to finish in 2 yrs., will you have to take classes during the summer, too?

We are proud of you taking this BIG step back into the world of academia. The next two years will speed by...

Thanks for the update, College Girl!

XO

A.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! WWWHHHOOOAAA - your dream is reality! I know you will finish the journey and love doing it.
Can't wait to hear about what you are learning! Keep your eyes on the prize!
Cynthia

Kim ~ Kay Kay said...

Good Job Tina Marie, lots of work but well worth it.
You should enjoy it for the most part, afterall you do like writing!