Sunday, November 2, 2008

Basement Extreme Home Makeover




The project has begun! No HGTV, No TLC, Just MEE and a few helpers. I love Americana and have never had a chance to place it in any of our 6 homes. This is so exciting! The colors are bold and bright so a basement is perfect. I'm even planning a "Wall of Fame" with pictures of my dad, T's Dad, and now Joshua; all immediate family members who served in the military. So now the hard part begins. Painting. Terrell and I paint so different. Like Yin and Yang. I'll do as much as possible and he'll come in behind me to perfect the look. He'll make the lines right and I'll put up the splash of color. Works well as long as it's not at the same time. I also have to get rid of a few items and find new homes for a few other items. Clean and Neat. That's the goal. My deadline: Thanksgiving. Can't have this thing draggin' on too long.
Now this little item here: I went to Robby and Joanna's to borrow their paint tarp yesterday. When I walked down to our basement and opened it up OUT fell this! The bag of candy I insisted stay home! Those hip killers made it into my home. Well, The game is on. HA,HA,HA,HA!!!!!! Oh you just wait. You'll see Mr. Candy again; just when you least expect it.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

ha ha ha

Smithlings said...

Now that's a splash of color, Tuna! I'll be eager to see the finished project, but you are definitely off to a great start!!!! Have fun, and don't eat that candy. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very cool...I love red! I think the Americana theme is a great idea...can't wait to see it. Dave and the kids are excited about the pool/ping pong table. :)

Anonymous said...

woo hoo, red walls...you know I love red walls!