Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fine. Just Fine.








Isn't that the answer we always give when we are asked. I do. So today here is my answer.. AGHHHHH!

I'm gonna give you the run down.

1. My shoulder is a mess. Went to the Dr. and now off to the Orthopedist. It isn't broken pain, it's throbbing 24/7 pain and now popping. Yeah... isn't that fun!

2. As a mother we juggle much. I feel like recently I am juggling more. Most think I'm organized but it is really painfully exhausting to keep that order. I learned many years ago that my life was too chaotic by my own doing and I had to make some changes. After counsel and years of learning mostly due to my husband and two books, I can maintain family order...painfully so. For someone who naturally does not think in charts or list it takes more effort. I'm tired.
3. Juggling. College applications for three people, financial aid, scholarships, appts in the Springs for kids, Bible studies, carpools. painting, husband, cooking, chores, dog, on and on...
4. I dropped my phone in water. It's expensive to replace. See the rice picture. Worked like a charm! Put the phone in it overnight and wa la.

5. Holidays. Gabe is leaving us for Thanksgiving to Fresno to see Josh before he is shipped off to Japan and T's folks are coming in.
6. Exercise. I keep stopping and starting. I was in a good flow til my shoulder acted up.
7. Food. It's been one week without sugar and limited wheat products. Yep. I am doing it again and sticking to it fine. I have clothes I must fit into AND I really need to feel better. Sugar and wheat.. kill me but I love both sooo much.
8. Sleep. Deprived.
9. Thanksgiving Week. Can NOT wait! Family Time and Christmas lights. Yes to both.
10. Gabe has a white hair! Yes,we found one. Crazy!
11. Kitchen sink. This describes what happens when I have one day, just one, where I'm gone more than home. How does this happen? Life should be interesting if I ever work full time.
12. Boo got her braces off! Yeah!! She looks great. But now the bad news.. I had my older two evaluated for new retainers. One may need braces again and the other surgery. Oh joy.
13. The economy. I am feeling a little uptight about what is happening out there? Anyone else?
Ok. That's it. Now you know how I'm really doing. Just feeling a little overwhelmed this week. Thanks for asking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need a hug and so do I - good thing I'll be close by to do that! Coffee, hugs - Fri. or Sat. -
it is a date!

Cyn

Anonymous said...

I must say for someone who is not good at lists... You just did a wonderful one. hang in there! H

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass...simplify....
and hang on

H

Smithlings said...

Wow! It's been one of THOSE weeks, eh?

On the bright side, Liz-beth's pearly whites look beautiful! The rest of the girl is beautiful, too!!!! :-)

So, things have to get better from here, right? Rejoice in the Lord always, my friend. REJOICE!