Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Homesick

I wish you could see me sitting here. I'm on our reclining couch with my feet kicked up and a hot rice pack on my shoulders. I cranked the heater; can't get warm today. Dog by the slider resting. (Well, she was resting. Now she's whining at the squirrels outside.) Quiet. I have a few hours til everyone gets home and I start carpool. I should be cleaning like a mad woman or painting but my shoulder hurts too badly right now. Later. I'm melancholy. I miss Roseville. I miss California. We loved where we lived. We loved our life there. What do I miss, you ask?

1. coffee with friends
2. just having friends
3. our amazing homeschool group
4. homeschooling
5. knowing where I'm going without a map all the time
6. winco
7. couple date nights
8. familiarity
9. my pool
10. good conversation
11. trader joes
12. costco not 1/2 hour away
13. my kids having lots of great friends whom they've known along time
14. my sister is 3 hours away instead of 2 days
15. people knocking on my door
16. mom's night out
17. my chiropractor and the copays! can't do that here.
18. friday night game night
19. annual christmas caroling
20. apple hill
21. lake tahoe.. my fav.
22. good mexican food.
23. a little more ethnic diversity
24. not learning everything new all over again. normalcy.
25. did I mention friends?

It's been a year. I know the pattern. I know it's 2 years to feel settled, 3 for it to be home. Doesn't change how I feel today. Today I want to be there, not here. Just thought you should know....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, I hear you, but I feel this way in the summer I am in love right now. So grateful to be here in the FALL and not in So cal in the 90* weather! Hang in there! H

Anonymous said...

OH, I hear you, but I feel this way in the summer I am in love right now. So grateful to be here in the FALL and not in So cal in the 90* weather! Hang in there! H

Anonymous said...

You are killing me! You have me in tears. I miss you too and I miss your whole family. I miss our simple time together and the ease of which we could get the time! you live in a beautiful place my dear! your kids are in great schools. They are making friends as you will soon I'm sure. But selfishly, I don't want you to not miss us back in CA!
Love to you and all the Thruston Family Always,
Cynthia

Smithlings said...

You need a hug! (And some coffee & chocolate) Hang in there, Tuna.

There was no mistaking that the Lord wanted you where you are right now -- everything indicated that you were supposed to move to CO. Just look at all the ways He has lovingly cared for you the past 365-ish days. :-)

We love & miss you, too!!!!!

XO

A.

Anonymous said...

You are very brave to start over like you have...I admire you for that, but selfishly I wish you were back here too. We miss our trips to Roseville and we miss you all being closer. This won't help much, but you could come back! Homes are cheap now! I know, not the right thing to say, but at least you know I miss you too. We will be there soon and get our sister fix again...Love you!