Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bread in the Making... Part 2

This bread is scrumptious! It is perfect for meals or sandwiches. I included the recipe below for any of my money-saving friends. After it cools off (a long while) I wrap it in plastic wrap and then foil to freeze. I hope that works. I'm trying to make a loaf a day to get ahead of our eating. I found the recipe on the Internet, of course. Isn't the Internet amazing! I make it in the bread machine on the dough cycle and then bake it up in my oven. Let me know if any of you out there try it! I figure I'll save at least 10.00 dollars a week on bread, maybe more. Whoo Hoo. Oh BTW, I increase the yeast to 2 teaspoons and I use bread flour.

Recipe: Light Oat Bread

Original recipe yield: 1 -1/2 pound loaf

INGREDIENTS
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons margarine
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
DIRECTIONS
Add ingredients to bread machine pan in order recommended by your manufacturer. Use regular light setting.
SUBMITTED BY: LITSTER5

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Tina,
I am going to try this bread next week. We don't eat a lot of bread yet, but I love home-made bread and any excuse to use my bread machine!