Sunday, May 18, 2008

TnT Get Away Day 1: Lines!

T and I are away for a long needed vacation together. We left early in the morning and took Southwest to Orlando, Florida.

It's hot, humid, and very green...just the way I like it! My skin feels young again, though my hair will only lay against my head. I'm glad I brought hair spray.
Our theme yesterday was Lines. Everywhere we went we were in lines. We waited in line to get on the plane. T waited in a reallly long line at Budget for the rental, which smells like smoke by the way. YUCK! They tried to mask it with smell good spray. We waited in a line at Bahama Breeze. Only, that I didn't mind so much.. I had a great drink in my hand. We also met a couple waiting for a table that had a cool story. Side track: They met in an airport terminal, flew to Peru for 12 hours, he then proposed to her when they landed, she accepted! Been married for 4 years. Far crazier than our story. After a scrumptious dinner we went to Wal-mart to pick up food for the week. This had to be the worst Wal-mart I have ever, ever been to. After our brief shopping we then waited in another FOREVER long line to check out. We couldn't help but laugh, all we had was time. Oh, and this was at 9:30pm! Who shops with small kids at 9:30 at night!??








This is our room at the Sheraton .


To say the least I was wayyyy excited when I saw the tub. The porch is screened in and wonderful to sit on. I'm typing this from there listening to the fountain in the pool. Ahhh... vacation!
Ps... We miss our kids! Everytime we see families together we are reminded of them.....BUT! Getting away is so important for a healthy marriage.
Come back later for day 2!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so jealous. Dave and I are taking our 1st overnight w/out Cooper in a couple of weeks. We're staying at the Hounds Tooth in Bass Lake, and going to Yosemite the next day! Have fun on your tropical vaca.

Anonymous said...

Hi mommy and daddy!!! I am glad that you guys are having a good time. We are going to auntie an duncle's for dinner tonight! Maybe we'll play moods! :) I miss you guys too! Luv you!

Love,
Boo

Anonymous said...

Yo Homey Dizzles!!!!
Boo had to leave her comment as anonymous cause we dont have our own blogs. Crazy, I know. We are having the most awesomest time here and today's message at new Life was good. Oh, and the weather.... It is actually amazing like they said it would be!! Your missing it while it actually is here! Enjoy the humidity! :)
LOve, Becca