Monday, May 5, 2008

Whine, Whine, Whine...part 2

I posted this about a year ago to some of you via email... here it is again... guess what... I don't whine as much. (though I did whine BIG time when it was still so cold last month. :( ) Circumstances have changed. We moved a 1000 miles away, we are in a new church, new home, had a car wreck this week, everything is new. I have cried from loneliness though this too has passed. But, whining.. God's Spirit IS at work, it's much better than last year. I'm finding joy in the little things... God is Good, Really Good!



Whine, whine, whine! Oh, your thinkin’ this is about my kids today. Nope, not this time. I have a confession to make. It’s me. All me and nothing but me. If any of you know me, you know one of my motto's for life is hanging on my kitchen wall.

”Thou Shalt Not Whine!”

So much for walking the walk or in this case talkin’ the talk.

So, a little history here… God breathed faith into me as a young child. I believe Everything is Possible with God. I love my Lord, trust my Lord and know deep in my heart He will never leave me or forsake me. I am an encourager by nature. This is who God created me to be. The cup is never half empty only half full!

So what happen you ask? When did the sin of whining come in you say? Slowly, ever so slowly.

I had a big Ah Ha! today driving. We call them God moments in our home. This is what the Holy Spirit said, “You complain.” Isn’t that just what you want to hear from the Lord. I would have preferred something in a deep trembling voice like,” You are my chosen one in whom I am well pleased. You follow my commands and love me.” No, not this time. Nope. Nada. Nilch. No, I got a serious two word sentence. “You complain.”

Conviction. It’s true. I have complained. I have been wallowing in the muddy clay for a while. I have been irritated by the petty things in life. I complain about the lack of light in my home to the traffic on the roads to schedule I keep. On and on and on I whine!

Thank the Lord for His Spirit. It is alive and well; breathing new life in me today.

Confession. I confessed to the Lord that He was right and began a dialogue with Him about fixing the problem. Here is the answer He gave me. “I want you to thank me for everything, everyday, all day long.” So I began thinking of things to be thankful for. Here is my list so far for today:

Thank you Lord for waking me up.
Thank you Lord for my coffee.
Thank you Lord for being able to see.
Thank you Lord for a hot shower.
Thank you for being able to shower, I’m not disabled.
Thank you for a warm breakfast. No, thank you for food.
Thank you for my husband. He is a gem.
Thank you for my kids.
Thank you for home schooling.
Thank you for public school.
Thank you that Gabe has been safe and has good teachers this year.
Thank you for my yard. (We have had issues lately with the yard so this was a big one!)
Thank you for our puppy.
Thank you for my truck.
Thank you for friends.
Thank you for our home.
Thank you for our church.

The list goes on and on from big things like breathing to little things like toothpaste. (Okay, not everything in life is glamorous and God did tell me EVERYTHING)

Confirmation. When I came home I sat down to have a quiet time and journal. My favorite devotional is My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers. I opened it up and read April 14th.. Low and behold right there as only God can do, there in the black print of the page was my confirmation.

’ ”Whom the Lord loveth, he chasteneth.” How petty our complaining is!...’

I continued the devotional and knew the Holy Spirit was speaking confirmation into me. Isn’t that just like the Lord! Thank the Lord for his Word. Ok.. here comes the big whammy. My husband came home later in the day and I had an opportunity to share with him what God revealed to me that morning through His Spirit and His Word and ever so gently he asked if I was looking for feedback. I said yes. I am totally open to whatever God is doing! He said the word was right on and went on to share his heart with me. He said he had noticed it for a while..I won’t tell you how long awhile is…and he knew it had to be a work of the Holy Spirit to get rid of it. What a patient husband I have.

God is so good to us, isn’t he? He walks with us through every circumstance and is so patient. I know the Lord has a plan for me and it doesn’t involve whining. He deserves all my praise. I am so blessed. How can I complain about lack of light in my home when I have a home? What happen to my perspective? Some how I let my guard down and the Enemy came right in where he could and got me. But the victory is the Lord’s!! God doesn’t leave us in the miry clay. That’s not the God I know. He loves and cares deeply about us, our character, and our purpose. His Spirit speaks life in us, changes us if we are willing to hear his voice and obey.

Reality Check:

Where are you today? Do you have a thankful heart or are you like me..a Whiner?
You know when someone draws a line in the sand and says, “Choose sides.” I crossed over to the Praise God for whom all blessings flow side today. How about you? Talk to Jesus. Let Him reveal to you as He did to me what side you are on. He will. He’s faithful.

Thanks for Listening,

Tina Thruston
AKA Tuna Jones

No comments: